Easy alkaline diet tips & alkaline herb shopping list
The foods you eat have a powerful impact on your health. Our body must maintain a proper pH for necessary reactions and functions to occur. When an alkaline environment is maintained in the body, metabolic, enzymatic, immunologic, and repair mechanisms function at their best. They also help fight free-radical damage and inflammation while supporting healthy cellular regeneration within your body. Eating foods that are alkaline can be health-promoting, as we’ll learn below.
Easy Alkaline diet tips
The alkaline diet is based on the idea that replacing acid-forming foods with alkaline foods can improve your health and support and maintain homeostasis throughout the body. All foods can be categorized as either acidic or alkaline. Proponents of the alkaline diet can also help fight chronic diseases like type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, gout, arthritis and even cancer. By choosing alkaline foods, you are able to alkalize your body and improve your overall health.
Although following an alkaline diet can be slightly difficult for many people, especially when considering we live in a world where we are constantly being bombarded with temptations, the benefits in the end outweigh the difficulty in the beginning.
Research shows that diets consisting of alkaline foods — fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds, for example — result in a more alkaline blood and body fluid pH level, which helps protect healthy cells and balance essential mineral levels.
Alkaline diet tips for weight loss
The alkaline diet basically reinforces good, old-fashioned whole food, plant based eating. The majority of what you look like is made in the kitchen. With that being said, you must be conscious of what you put inside your body in order to lose weight. This lifestyle recommends eating alkaline plant based foods and drinking a gallon of naturally alkaline water per day, while cutting back on sugar, alcohol, dairy, gluten, meat and processed foods.
Intermittent fasting is also extremely beneficial to losing weight and reducing bloating and inflammation. Most of the weight on us is due to a constant backing up of our digestive system, which does not allow our body to break down the foods we eat, resulting in weight gain, constipation, bloating, inflammation and ultimately chronic dis-ease.
The foods you eat, fasting, exercise and herbs are the keys to weight loss.
Alkaline herb shopping list
The following are herbs that should be used as supplements to your diet:
Herbs that help with removing mucus:
- Mullein– Native to Europe, Asia and North Africa, Mullein leaves come from the flowering Mullein plant, scientifically known as Verbascum thapsus L. It has been used in traditional medical systems for many purported benefits, especially for ailments involving the respiratory tract.
- Elderberries– Packed with antioxidants and immune boosting properties, elderberries are nature’s original flu shot.
- Irish Sea Moss– Rich in minerals and a source of potassium chloride, Irish sea moss dissolves catarrh, phlegm and soothes inflammation of the mucus membranes.
- Bladderwrack– Fucus vesiculosus , commonly known as: Bladderwrack, is a rich source of iodine and as with many seaweeds, has been an important food source in coastal cultures around the world. It has been used traditionally in herbal medicine in the treatment of thyroid disorders, particularly hypothyroidism, weight management, rheumatoid arthritis, female hormonal disorders, as a laxative, and for its topical effects as a dermatological agent.
Herbs that help the body detox:
- Sarsaparilla– Sarsaparilla is commonly used in traditional medicine for it’s high iron content and immune boosting properties. It is also used to help treat psoriasis and other skin conditions, rheumatoid arthritis (RA), and kidney disease and increasing urination to reduce fluid retention.
- Burdock Root-Burdock root has been valued across continents for thousands of years for its ability to purify the lymphatic system and blood as well as cool internal heat. Internally and externally, it has potent anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects on the human body.
- Soursop Leaves-Soursop leaf, also known as Graviola leaf, has immense benefits and healing properties. It is commonly used for its anti-inflammatory and detox properties. https://www.alkalineessentials.com/?s=Soursop+Leaves
- Ginger Root– Ginger root has a range of health benefits, including improving digestion, blood sugar levels and cholesterol levels.
- Dandelion Root–Dandelion is used as a natural remedy to help treat increase energy, muscle aches, loss of appetite, upset stomach, intestinal gas, gallstones, joint pain and eczema. It also increases urine production and serves as a light laxative to increase bowel movements.
- Yellow Dock-Yellow dock is used for pain and swelling (inflammation) of nasal passages and the respiratory tract, and as a laxative and tonic. It is also used to treat bacterial infections and sexually transmitted diseases. Yellow dock is also sometimes used to treat intestinal infections, fungal infections, and for arthritis.
- Blue Vervain– It is commonly used as a natural remedy for detoxing, nervous tension, insomnia, anxiety, irritability, lethargy, and even depression. Vervain is often used as an herbal remedy for women’s health issues. This herb has been prescribed post-pregnancy in order to enhance lactation as well as to stimulate contraction of the uterus and it is often used during labor.